Ruby on Rails Developer Trainee
Funchal, Portugal or remote
Hello Ruby on Rails Developers!
Join us remotely or at our office in Funchal to develop innovative digital projects. A company focused on creating significant change with exciting international customers and partners is waiting for you! We are looking for a person who, among other things, supports our open source projects.
Frontkom empowers impactful companies and organizations to discover and leverage digital opportunities. We help people adopt technology for growth, innovation, and positive global impacts. We are a team of more than 70 specialists - designers, developers, and business consultants working in an international collaborative environment from Lublin, Warsaw, Oslo, Fredrikstad, Funchal, and Berlin. We support the free and open web and work with Drupal, WordPress, Laravel, WooCommerce, and many other technologies.
- Ease of communication (spoken and written)
- Ability to interact with customers, technical and non-technical
- Strong sense of responsibility and teamwork
- Good organization and time management skills
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Availability to travel abroad
- Higher education in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework and libraries like RSpec, DelayedJobs, etc.
- Knowledge of version control systems (ex: Git)
- Knowledge with Project Management platforms, such as Jira
- Familiarity with testing tools
What we offer
- Competitive salary that matches the demonstrated experience
- Initial and continuous training relevant to the job position
- Work equipment (Laptop, external monitor, mouse, keyboard, ...)
- Participation in conferences held in European territory
- Integration in an experienced, multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Coffee and snacks at the office
- Access to an office with a pool table, foosball table, and a swimming pool
- Premium health insurance
- Frequent team gatherings (after COVID-19) and kickoffs
- Ability to work remotely during the pandemic and when needed. (In case you live or move to Madeira Island)
- Minimum educational qualifications: High-school (12th year)
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Familiarity with MVC and RESTful
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL language
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject "Trainee Rails Developer Job Application" and the following information:
- Curriculum vitae (European model) in English and PDF format or an open format.
- Information relevant to the functions you are applying for: list of developed projects, publicly accessible, social and public accounts (Github, Twitter), other information you deem appropriate
For any further clarifications, contact the Funchal office via email at email@example.com.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- We will review your resume, and when you are selected to continue the interview process, our HR Manager will get in touch with you via phone or email. You will have a 20-minute talk about your experience and expectations
- Our HR Manager will schedule the technical interview with a Senior Developer in the next phase of recruitment, which will run a 60-minute technical interview with you
- Depending on your portfolio and technical interview score, you can be asked to do homework - we will send you a task and wait for your solution when you are ready.
- In the space of two weeks, HR Manager will share our feedback with you.